Saturday, July 13, 2013

Soo pumped!! Leaving for Tahiti: Week #11

Ia ora na!

This is it! In less than 48 hours we will be just heading off to Tahiti. I'm so stoked and excited, but not gonna lie a little nervous too. Never been out of the country before, so now's my time to sound like an idiot and do the best I can!

This week has been our best our entire stay here at the MTC. Despite knowing that we're leaving soon, we've worked our absolute hardest and best that we could. I've been managing to speak much more Tahitian, and in the free time that I have I listen to conference talks online in Tahitian, and am starting to understand a good portion of it. I know it will be harder in Tahiti (that's what everyone says) but I still feel capable of speaking the important stuff, and that's the lessons! I'm mostly just nervous about the casual talk and trying to get my point across. Chances are I'll get a native Tahitian companion as my trainer who doesn't speak any English!

Casey's District in the MTC

We also had our In-Field Training this week. It was much more enjoyable than I actually expected, because so many other missionaries thought it was super boring. It is a fairly long 8-hour seminar with different segments, but it was great. I learned many super important things like planning well and setting goals, getting help through members and how to find people who are ready to hear the gospel. I felt the Spirit, and it made me even more pumped to get out to the field and get to work.

Well, that's about all I have, I don't have much time because I have to go pack up a lot of things, but I promise that the next email will be chock-full of sick stuff, like pictures and embarassing stories and details about where I'm serving, my companion, etc. This is the real deal, getting out to the field! I have loved the MTC so much, and I can gladly say that I'll look back on this experience and be so happy I had it. My testimony has grown and my ability to teach, speak and listen to the Holy Ghost have improved greatly. I know Jesus Christ lives! He's our Savior and Redeemer, and I'm so glad to represent Him in this glorious work.

A faaitoito, to'u mau hoa! Ua anaanatae au ia haere atu i Tahiti ia poro haere i Ta'na evanelia.

Ua here au ia outou,
Orometua Popo
Elder Ball



No comments:

Post a Comment