Monday, August 11, 2014

Pineapples (i didnt know what to put as the subject so voila) Week #15 - Vairao

Ia ora na!
Life is beautiful again here in Vairao. Finally the vacation season is about to end so people will stop leaving and doing all sorts of dumb things and get back into a gospel-learning mood. Elder Tera and I have found another new investigator named T------. She's the cousin of a ward missionary in our ward, who actually wanted to talk to us just to ask why her boyfriend on another island was being faithless going out with a member of the church. Basically it started out with her a little ticked off, asking why her boyfriend would start to leave her and what the heck was so special about our church. Happily, we started to teach about the Restoration of the church of Jesus Christ and that families can be together for ever. We gave her a Book of Mormon and told her to read it to find more answers to questions. Thankfully she started to calm down a little bit. At the end of the lesson, she said "hey, I heard your church gives blessings. How can I get one of those?" Just a question that gets missionaries excited. She happened to have a broken ankle that was in the process of healing. We gave her a sweet blessing, and before we even started the Spirit filled her room and she started to ball, seriously. At the end, without us even asking, she told us to come back again next week and keep teaching her the gospel. Whatever you want Sista!
We also had the blessing to go to the temple this week. Its always good to get an endowment session done, and receive inspiration for the work. Since the zone has been struggling to find new investigators and fix new baptisms in the past few weeks, the temple was the best moment to seek counsel from the Lord. Naturally, I had the revelation that I needed to report with the other missionaries in the zone more frequently, to help them more personally and know more thoroughly their investigators. It was a chance to evaluate myself, and I felt so motivated leaving the temple to go work my guts out. My love for the other missionaries grew as I thought about them and their hard work, same for the investigators in our ward. Man, you gotta love the temple!
Its been a real workout, but also a privilege to be a zone leader. After thinking about this privilege, I realize that it is most definitely preparing me for future callings, but more importantly it is shaping me and molding me to become like our Heavenly Father. Only in being a leader or in having any responsibility in the church can we learn to love others, make just decisions, make plans and help and guide others along the way. The Lord gives us these responsibilities for this purpose. As President Spencer W. Kimball said, "Jesus gave people truths and tasks that were matched to their capacity. He did not overwhelm them with more than they could manage, but gave them enough to stretch their souls." https://www.lds.org/liahona/2014/07/leading-like-the-savior?cid=HPMO080414376&lang=eng

I love this work, and i couldn't be happier to be a part of it, even though it is stretching the heck out of my soul. I love you all, thanks for you love and support and your prayers!

Elder Ball

No comments:

Post a Comment