Monday, April 13, 2015

Making history at Bora (Bora Bora - week #26)

Ia ora na!

Another week went by like that, and the transfer went down. Elder Duncan left us and now I have Elder Swartz, from Federal Way, Washington! (If I'm not mistaken, that's where you grew up, right mom?) [From Mom: I am a 1978 graduate of Federal Way High School. Elder Benjamin Swartz is a 2014 graduate of FWHS. Go EAGLES!] It's good to have him, and he'll be the one to "kill me" meaning he's my last companion. Dang, last companion. Last transfer. It's crazy.

We had another pretty slow week, due to a week of scholarly vacation, so many people have left for the week or were busy doing other things, thus many lessons being canceled and many other backup plans falling through. Sooo we spent more time visiting members, doing contacting, doing a little door to door, with surprisingly minimal results. I guess it's just a bad week? We did our best, and during our weekly planning we made sure to plan our week out super well so that we'll constantly by plowing through and working hard. 

Things are going well for the few investigators we were able to see this week. For H and S, there are a few things that still need to be done legally so that they can get married, and its progressing but it doesn't look like I'll be here for their baptism... It makes me sad, but I guess it's been like that my whole mission so whatevs, I'm just happy to have seen the change that took place in their lives. Same for C and K, they have huge financial problems so marriage for them is difficult, I wont be here for their baptisms either. Seriously, that is the one thing that has driven me nuts, concubinage and marriage! They're all ready for baptism, we just gotta wait on the marriage.

In other news, I found out that I'll be making history at Bora. For one thing, it isnt often that missionaries finish at Bora, so Elder Hansen and I will be two of the few, but then I found out that I'll be the first missionary to finish at Bora... with... a new car! We finally got it, after quite a few months of waiting, and after quite a few more kilometers of biking. It will totally help us out, and it's practical. The members tease us now, saying that we're gonna get fat... probably true. Even with exercise in the morning, I dont know if I'll be able to equal out with all the eating that we do. Just dont be surprised when I step off the plane in a month with an extra chin.

That's the news for this week, we're hoping that next week will be the bomb and that with the new car we'll get some serious stuff done. I love you all, and have a great week!

Elder Ball

PHOTOS:

Goodbye Elder Duncan

Bienvenue Elder Swartz

La voiture





No comments:

Post a Comment