Tuesday, September 30, 2014

A spiritual boost when you need one (Vairao - week #22)

Ia ora na tatou!
I'm pretty stoked about last week, because it was definitely a solid week with some general and personal miracles. This week was a well-appreciated spiritual boost, for a number of reasons.
This week we had a zone conference with President and his assistants on Thursday, so in the preceding days Elder Millett and I were seeking inspiration for the training we were gonna give for our missionaries. The general problem for the zone is that progressing investigators have a hard time accepting a baptismal date, and that baptisms fixed end up being pushed back or cancelled because the investigators end up falling back into their old habits. So in searching how to fortify our investigators' faith, Elder Millett and I received this pretty obvious but overlooked revelation: The Book of Mormon. Duh. The only way that investigators are going to have enough faith to make it to baptism and beyond is to read regularly the Book of Mormon and to receive a testimony from the Holy Ghost that it is true. And there we felt that the whole zone could apply that principle a whole lot better. Elder Millett prepared a training on the importance of the Book of Mormon and how to use it, and I started preparing a training on fortifying our own testimony of it.
In preparing for that training, my testimony of the Book of Mormon only grew. I remembered back to the time in the MTC 16 months ago when I received a witness, clear as day, that the Book of Mormon is the word of God. But even so, that was 16 months ago, and I feel like the spiritual drive that I had to proclaim its truthfulness has since calmed down a little bit. So in looking in Preach My Gospel, in chapter 5, it actually recommends us to apply Moroni's promise regularly so as to have continually a strong testimony of its truthfulness. Welp, it's been a while since I've applied Moroni's promise! So in preparing for the training, I had the privilege of applying that again. I wont take the liberty of explaining how I got my answer, but all in all, I knew again 100 percent that it was true.
On Thursday we had our zone conference. Elder Millett and I delivered our training, and it was a success. You could tell that it was needed, and the Spirit confirmed that it was what our Heavenly Father wanted us to share that day. The sister training leaders, the assistants and President and Sister Bize gave us super edifying and much needed trainings as well. It was the greatest zone conferences Ive ever had on my mission! Organizing it went well, everything was on time and it was just super. I was extremely happy.
Zone conference
After the conference, we went on a two day split with the assistants. Elder Millett stayed in Vairao with Elder Larsen, and I went out to Papeete with Elder Taylor. Elder Taylor is one of the most powerful missionaries Ive ever met. Cool, calm, yet humble, and no fear. Ive learned many things on the split, most of all how faith is one of the most important aspects of our ministry. What is there to fear when you're a disciple of Jesus Christ? The split boosted my confidence and I was pretty pumped to get back to Vairao to apply the things that I learned.
We got to Vairao just in time for our baptism! We've been teaching Ronaldo for about a month now. He's the coolest kid in town! He lives with his dad Morgan. His sister Megane was baptised about a year ago, and now his dad wanted us to teach Ronaldo as well who was past age. I love Ronaldo, such a stud. He came to church the following Sunday for his confirmation in a blazer, lookin like a g. It was a happy moment.
Baptism! Elder Millett, Ronaldo, Frere Tollis, moi, Elder Taylor
I'll end by leaving you all with Moroni's promise in Moroni 10:4-5:

 "And when ye shall receive these things, I would exhort you that ye would ask God, the Eternal Father, in the name of Christ, if these things are not true; and if ye shall ask with a sincere heart, with real intent, having faith in Christ, he will manifest the truth of it unto you, by the power of the Holy Ghost.
"And by the power of the Holy Ghost ye may know the truth of all things."

I know that the Book of Mormon is true, because I received it, read it, and I asked God if it was true. He manifested its truthfulness unto me by the power of the Holy Ghost. Anyone can apply this promise to know that the Book of Mormon is the word of God.

I love you all, have a fantastic week!

Elder Ball
http://mormon.org

No comments:

Post a Comment